The Brothaz Helping Brothaz is a new outreach program targeting MSM of Color residing in Metro-Atlanta and the five neighboring counties. Our primary goal(s) are to identify MSMOC out of care and link to them into care, identify HIV+ MSMOC with substance abuse and/or mental health challenges and link into recovery programs, educate HIV(-) MSMOC about PrEP and other prevention tools. Build a network of the Brothaz in the south with goal to help other Brothaz.
Our activities consist of utilizing outreach, recruitment, and linkage.
o Informing the community about Brothaz Helping Brothaz
o Street Outreach, eOutreach and Event Outreach
o Passive program enrollment – Online social media .i.e. likes, comments
o Active program enrollment – participants in groups, events and social media topics
o Medical Providers
o PrEP Education and Providers
o Mental Health Provider culturally sensitive to MSM of Color
o Linkage to Social Determinants of Health services providers.
• Increase # of 2500 MSMOC and at-risk individuals, HIV testing via our social networks.
• Increase 5/250 (2%) of the MSMOC identified newly diagnosed with HIV.
• Increase # of the MSMOC test positive for HIV linked to medical care
• Increase # MSMOC and at-risk HIV (-) educated about PrEP.
• Increase #MSMOC enrolled in PrEP programs in the South
• Reduce new infection among MSM of Color in the South
• Improve MSMOC online engagement with content and engagement.
• Strengthen the response to the National HIV/AIDS strategy.
• Strengthen the national response for the diffusion of HIV prevention and Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) education.
Create a network promoting MSM of Color access to healthcare, and substance abuse/co-occurring disorder advocacy.